Recognised by the Singapore Business Review as one of Singapore’s most influential lawyers aged 40 and under, The Legal 500 (Asia Pacific) as a Next-Generation Partner, and Asian Legal Business as a Singapore Rising Star, Jeremiah Huang is a Director with Icon Law where he counsels clients on capital markets, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and funds. In addition, he advises clients on employment matters, and post-IPO corporate governance and compliance issues.
Jeremiah graduated in 2008 with a Bachelor of Laws from Monash University, Australia, at the tender age of 20. He subsequently returned to Singapore for National Service during which he commissioned as an officer and received the prestigious National Service Full-time of the Year Award, along with a letter of commendation from the then Chief Armour Officer, Brigadier General Benedict Lim.
Following his National Service, Jeremiah began training at one of Singapore’s oldest firms, and has since worked at various leading domestic and international firms. Prior to founding Icon Law with Chun Bin, Jeremiah was a Director with the former Singapore member firm of the ZICO Law Network and a Partner in the Corporate and Capital Markets Practice at one of Singapore’s largest firms.
Most recently, Jeremiah was recognised by the Singapore Business Review as one of Singapore’s most influential lawyers aged 40 and under, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific as a Next-Generation Partner, and Asian Legal Business as a Singapore Rising Star.
Jeremiah is an Associate of the Chartered Secretaries Institute of Singapore (ACS, CSIS), and the Chartered Governance Institute (ACG, CGI). In addition to his corporate practice, Jeremiah is an accredited and qualified mediator (Singapore Mediation Centre, Singapore International Mediation Institute and International Mediation Institute), as well as a Certified Information Privacy Professional (Asia) and Manager (CIPP/A and CIPM) by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP). He also holds a Practitioner Certificate in Personal Data Protection (Singapore) issued by the Personal Data Protection Commission of Singapore.
Jeremiah is also the legal advisor to Australian Alumni Singapore, which is the national umbrella organisation for the 200,000 Singaporean or Singapore-based graduates of Australian universities, and to the government-supported Kazakhstan-Singapore Business Council. He serves on the Law Society of Singapore's Corporate Practice Committee and International Relations Committee. He was also previously the legal advisor to Singapore's Association of Listed Companies.
- October 2022 – present: Founding Director, Icon Law LLC
- March 2021 – October 2022: Director, Insights Law LLC / ZICO Insights Law LLC
- July 2018 – February 2021: Partner, RHTLaw Asia LLP/ RHTLaw Taylor Wessing LLP
- November 2014 – June 2018: Associate, Morgan Lewis Stamford LLC / Stamford Law Corporation
- August 2013 – November 2014: Associate, Loo & Partners LLP
- January 2012 – June 2013: Trainee, Shook Lin & Bok LLP (for admission to the Singapore Bar)
- 2023 – ACG, CGI (Associate, Chartered Governance Institute)
- 2023 – ACS, CSIS (Associate, Chartered Secretaries Institute of Singapore)
- 2022 – Accredited Mediator (SMC (Singapore Mediation Centre), SIMI (Singapore International Mediation Institute) and IMI (International Mediation Institute))
- 2022 – IAPP CIPP/A & CIPM (Certified Information Privacy Professional (Asia) and Certified Information Privacy Manager, International Association of Privacy Professionals), and Practitioner Certificate in Personal Data Protection (Singapore)
- 2019 – International Business Mandarin (Comprehensive) (Advanced), Singapore Chinese Chamber Institute of Business
- 2013 – Qualified Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore
- 2008 – Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
- Initial public offerings of, amongst others: (i) Grand Venture Technology Limited (Singapore Exchange, Catalist); (ii) Kwan Yong Holdings Limited (Stock Exchange of Hong Kong, Main Board); (iii) Singapore O&G Limited (Singapore Exchange, Catalist); (iv) Procurri Corporation Limited (Singapore Exchange, Main Board); and (v) Aoxin Q&M Dental Group Limited (Singapore Exchange, Catalist).
- Acquisitions of, amongst others: (i) Hotel Compass by the Crescendas Group; (ii) 20 units at Prudential Tower by 5 HNWIs; (iii) the business and assets of Pacnet by Singapore-listed DeClout; (iv) the business and medical practices of the Joyce Lim Group by Singapore-listed Singapore O&G; and (v) Raffles Medical Centre Holland V by Singapore-listed, Raffles Medical Group.
- Investments of, amongst others: (i) Singapore-listed Metro Holdings into DocMed Technology, the digital healthtech unit of Singapore-listed, Hyphens Pharma International; (ii) Korean conglomerate, Queen Bee, into certain private exchanges in Singapore; and (iii) Singapore data centre builder, ACME Associates, into a Thai joint venture with Thailand's Italthai Engineering.
- Post-IPO actions, including: (i) Matex International Limited’s rights issue; (ii) KS Energy Limited’s issue of convertible bonds (and repurchase of then-outstanding ones); (iii) DeClout Limited’s issue of redeemable exchangeable bonds; and (iv) CSC Holdings Limited’s rights cum warrants issue.
- Advisory on Singapore employment matters, including: (i) as part of a global readiness evaluation of a French logistics group; and (ii) the proposed move of a North American country’s pension investment board to Singapore.
- Special projects, including: (i) the establishment of an Asian country’s first stock exchange, and in connection therewith, reviewing and assisting with its operationalisation and drafting of various trading and listing rules (under non-disclosure agreement); and (ii) former continuing sponsorship of Singapore Exchange Catalist issuers such as ecoWise Holdings Limited, GSS Energy Limited and Select Group Limited.
- Next Generation Partner,Capital Markets: Equity and Debt,Legal 500,2023
- Next Generation Partner,Capital Markets: Equity and Debt,Legal 500,2022
- Rising Star,Singapore,Asian Legal Business,2022
- Next Generation Partner,Capital Markets: Equity and Debt,Legal 500,2021
- Next Generation Partner,Capital Markets: Equity and Debt,Legal 500,2020
- Singapore's Most Influential Lawyers,Under 40,Singapore Business Review,2019